BATON ROUGE, La. ‒ The Louisiana Watershed Initiative will host a summit featuring experts in floodplain and water management at 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, in the LITE Center Theater at 537 Cajundome Blvd. in Lafayette. The summit, titled Building the Foundation: Sharing Lessons Learned & Addressing Challenges Specific to Louisiana, will bring together local experts and their national colleagues in watershed management.
Featured speakers include:
- Ceil Strauss, CFM, State Floodplain Manager, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Ataul Hannan, P.E., CFM, Director of Planning, Harris County Flood Control District, Harris County, Texas
- Kevin Houck, P.E., CFM, Watershed and Flood Protection Section Chief, Colorado Water Conservation Board
- Tim Katers, AICP, CDBG-DR Planning Manager, Colorado Department of Local Affairs
- Jamie Huffman, J.D. and Kristen Hilferty, J.D., Senior Research Fellows, Tulane Law School Institute on Water Resources Law and Policy
- Ehab Meselhe, Ph.D., P.E., Professor, Department of River-Coastal Science and Engineering, Tulane University
- Monique Boulet, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Acadiana Planning Commission
To view a detailed agenda and register for the event, click here. The summit is free and open to the public.